ESET NOD32 Antivirus System – Integrated, Real-Time Protection against viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, adware, phishing, and hackers. Best detection, fastest performance & smallest footprint.
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface with an alternative, command-line execution.
- Integrates into Windows Explorer’s context menu, allowing quick selection of a scanning target using the right mouse button.
- Scans operating memory and check its own integrity.
- Cleans, removes and quarantines infected objects.
- Removes infiltrations from files that are locked for writing (e.g., loaded DLL file).
- Removes viruses, worms and Trojans that are running.
- Scans Outlook and Outlook Express e-mail databases.
- Can be scheduled and executed using various users’ profiles.
- Contains a detailed, interactive on-line help.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus Control Center
The NOD32 Control Center is the central management module. It provides access to the various features, tools and settings and fully integrates all installed system components. These are categorized into four different sections, each of which can be expanded into an easy-to-use directory tree style system. For increased security, the key settings can be password protected to prevent unauthorized access and modification.
- Centralized management of the resident antivirus modules and filters.
- Intuitive directory tree style system for easy access to:
- Automatic, internet/LAN Update module
- Centralized system of log files for all installed modules
- AMON – resident on-access monitor
- NOD32 – on-demand scanner
- IMON – Internet monitor – scans e-mails incoming via the POP3 protocol
- EMON – complementary e-mail scanner module – scans e-mails incoming via MAPI interface (details below)
- Flexible task scheduler and planning module
- Quarantine directory
- Key system information
Automatic Update module
- Supports frequent incremental updates and upgrades of the executable components.
- Most updates are performed ‘on-the-fly’ (no reboot is required).
- Small incremental update of the virus database minimizes network congestion and download times.
- Allows flexible scheduling of updates and selection of various update profiles.
- Checks for updates of the system at user-defined intervals or even upon the occurrence of a predefined event.
- Provides intelligent update options for computers on dial-up access.
- Supports proxy-servers (Basic and NTLM authentication).
- Provides authentication of the origin of downloaded update files using a digital signature technique.
- Supports updating from a local site without accessing the Internet, such as from a server within a LAN.
- The upgrade system can be configured to reflect a multi-level hierarchy and/or other needs of a large company or organization.
- Creates updates to a floppy or CD for PCs that are not connected to the network.
- Configuration settings can be distributed to local workstations from an administrator’s computer.
- Provides the option to use a configuration file to set system parameters across the network during initial installation and/or subsequent updates.
- Supports ‘silent mode’ on end-user workstations: notification messages may be forwarded to an administrator only.
- Allows the settings to be password protected.
Centralized Log file system provides information on:
- On-demand scanner results
- Relevant events (e.g. performed updates, executed tasks, etc.)
- Infiltrations detected by resident modules and filters
ESET NOD32 Antivirus Scanning Modules
All the scanning modules of NOD32 system (on-access monitors, filters, on-demand scanners, e-mail server solutions, gateway filters, API and DLL modules, etc.) use the same sophisticatedscanning engine across all the supported platforms.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus Scanning Engine Key Features
- The highest detection and scanning rate performance.
- Unprecedented heuristic analysis capable of exposing DOS, Boot, Win32, macro, script and other viruses and worms in the wild.
- Built in powerful virtual emulator enables detection of the most sophisticated polymorphic and metamorphic viruses.
- Virus detection in compressed or protected executable files, such as UPX, AsPack, FSG, Petite, Neolite, ExeStealth, yoda’s Crypter, PECompact, Pklite, Lzexe, Diet, Exepack, CPAV.
- Support of many archive formats, e.g. ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LZH, LHA, CAB, CHM, TAR, GZIP.
- Detection of viruses in encrypted, password protected databases and documents.
- Use of heuristic and algorithmic methods to clean viruses.
- Cleaning of macro viruses and restoration of the documents to original format.
- Recovery of the most important system areas (functions) in the event of an infection.
- Storage of infected files in a safe format (not allowing execution) into the quarantine.
- Search speed is maximized through associative, multilevel cache and low-level code optimizations.
- Use of very fast single-point samples and CRCs for precise detection.
- Use of very few system resources.
- Disinfection/quarantining of the files automatically, on-the-fly.
AMON (Antivirus MONitor) is an on-access (memory-resident) scanner for Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP. Even though it is at full alert, it works silently in the background and you will probably not even notice its presence until it denies access to an infected file and pops up a warning window.
- Utilizes the advanced ESET NOD32 Antivirus scanning engine.
- Prevents infected files from being opened, executed and warns upon their creation.
- Automatic execution on system startup.
- Scans floppy boot sector upon access and during shutdown.
- Sends notification of infections or errors over network or via e-mail using the SMTP protocol.
- Supports multiple Terminal Server environments.
- Scans also mapped network disks.
IMON & EMON
IMON (Internet MONitor), is the second ESET NOD32 Antivirus resident scanner. It runs on the Winsock level and scans internet traffic (e-mail) incoming via the POP3 protocol. IMON replaces theNOD32’s for POP3 filter (known from the former ESET NOD32 Antivirus version) with enhanced email protection. Almost no configuration is required, which is great for non-technical users.
EMON (Email MONitor), a complementary resident module, scans e-mails incoming via MAPI interface. MAPI interface is used e.g. in the following e-mail clients: Microsoft Outlook 95, 97, 2000 (notOutlook Express) in the Corporate mode and in MS Exchange. MAPI interface is used also when receiving e-mails from the Microsoft Exchange Mail Server via the Exchange protocol.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When the MAPI Interface is not used on the computer EMON is not needed and therefore will NOT be installed. The e-mails incoming via the POP3 protocol will be checked by IMON.
NOD32 for Microsoft Windows (on-demand scanner)
Provides on-demand protection for computers at home or in the office, from Microsoft Windows 95/ 98/ ME workstations to Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003/XP, Windows Powered servers.
(Cracked Updated 24-06-09) Update latest server update list
CHS Chinese version