K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats.
General strong points:
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and best components.
- The pack provides an excellent out-of-the-box experience for novice users, while at the same time offering many options for expert users to tweak things.
- All included components have been carefully selected by codec experts.
- The pack offers a high level of flexibility. You can for example configure your preferred decoders and splitters for many formats.
- Works great in combination with Windows Media Player and Media Center. Both also with other popular DirectShow players such as Media Player Classic, ZoomPlayer, KMPlayer, PotPlayer, GOM Player, and many others.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone and reverted to the state prior to the installation of the pack.
- It contains everything you need to play all your movies and music.
- This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
Unique features compared to other codec packs:
- The pack works on all versions of Windows from XP up to Windows 10. The intelligent installer automatically adapts itself based on your version of Windows. It also adapts itself based on what other codecs are already installed on your computer.
- Contains both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs.
- The installer is able to detect broken codecs and DirectShow filters on your system, and helps you to fix those problems. This unique functionality has helped thousands of people solve problems they were unable to fix themselves or with other packs.
- The installation is fully customizable. You can choose which components you want to install.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- The pack has many options, which allows you to tweak it to your own specific needs and preferences.
- It helps clean up other codecs installed on your computer. The installer is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs. This helps you get rid of old junk, prevents conflicts, and leaves you with just the essential and best codecs.
- It does not contain any codecs or filters that are known to be bad, buggy or unstable. In fact, the installer is able to detect and disable several known troublemakers that may already be present on your computer. This solves problems and improves system stability.
- There are different variants of the pack. From small to large. You can pick the one that fits your needs.
- The pack implements special blacklists for some of its included DirectShow filters. These blacklists are used to avoid compatibility issues with certain applications and games. Helpdesks and other support staff often recommend the K-Lite Codec Pack because of its abilities to fix problems and its features to ensure optimal compatibility.
Advantages of the pack compared to installing codecs manually:
- The best available codecs are already selected for you by codec experts. There is no need to figure out what you need.
- Installation is simpler, quicker, and more organized.
- It is much easier to keep all your codecs up-to-date. There no need to keep track of updates to individual components.
- Components are automatically configured to work together in perfect harmony. Something that is not easily achieved if you would install everything manually. Certainly not if you use a mix of different splitters and decoders.
- Better default settings.
- More configuration options during installation. This is particularly useful for unattended installs.
- The pack provides extended video thumbnail generation functionality for Windows Explorer. All popular video file formats are supported.
- Adds support for showing file properties such as duration and width/height in Windows Explorer for FLV and MKV video files.
- The pack automatically configures Windows Media Player and Media Center to recognize all common audio and video file formats, so that such files show up in your media library. Normally this would require all kinds of manual Registry tweaks.
- The pack includes very useful tools for managing and configuring the installed codecs.
- Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 188.8.131.52]
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- LAV Video [version 0.75.1-9-gde277]
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- LAV Audio [version 0.75.1-9-gde277]
DirectShow source filters:
- LAV Splitter [version 0.75.1-9-gde277]
DirectShow audio parsers:
- DC-Bass Source Mod [version 1.5.2] [x86]
DirectShow subtitle filters:
- DirectVobSub [xy-VSFilter version 184.108.40.2065]
- XySubFilter [version 220.127.116.114]
- madVR [version 0.92.17]
- MPC Video Renderer [version 0.5.5.1767]
- Codec Tweak Tool [version 6.5.3]
- MediaInfo Lite [version 21.09]
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 3.2.1]
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 3.2.1]
Version 16.5.0 Full ~ 47.3 MB ~ October 20th 2021
- Updated MPC-HC to version 18.104.22.168
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1-9-gde277
- Updated MPC Video Renderer to version 0.5.5.1767
LAV 0.75.1 – 2021/06/21
– Changed: AV1 files with no extradata will now generate a format header with stream information for decoders to use
– Fixed: Improved stream selection when multiple “default” video tracks are present
– Changed: Updated dav1d for significant improvements in AV1 10-bit decoding performance
– Changed: AV1 hardware decoding will more reliably engage when provided with additional stream information from the demuxer
– Fixed: Opus decoding had audible artifacts in some files in 0.75
Improved stability in DX9 mode when changing display.
Fixed display of subtitles in the first frame when using XySubFilter.
Added experimental option “Reinitialize D3D device when changing display”.
Fixed the problem with the “Information” tab working when pressing Esc when the main text field is active.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.75.1-4-gfaff6
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v21.09
- Added advanced option to specify location of Youtube-DL executable.
- Added support for yt-dlp.exe (fork of Youtube-DL).
- Added advanced option to display video fourcc and resolution in status bar.
- Added advanced option to display A-B repeat marker values in status bar.
- When saving a favorite you can now also store the AB-repeat markers
- Adjusting subtitle delay now also works with the external VSFilter/XySubFilter subtitle renderers.
- Enabled processing of play/pause command when no media is loaded, but playlist is not empty. This now also allows resuming playback by pressing spacebar or clicking on the video area.
- Clicking mouse middle button on the systray icon now toggles play/pause.
- When the global after playback event is set to “play next file in folder”, the player will now close the current file when no next file is available. This allow the screensaver to activate.
- Added a second WASAPI based internal audio renderer. The existing internal renderer has been renamed to SaneAR (its original name). Don’t ask what the difference is between the two. There is little difference in behavior and functionality.
- Fix for running DVB scan not working in stopped state.
- Several other small fixes.
Remark: Dark theme MPC enable by default and using external codec. Installer auto select 32Bit MPC for 32Bit Windows and 64Bit MPC for 64Bit Windows. Hardware encoding DXVA enable for all video type. Enjoy~!
MPC can easily find subtitle by press D button and Magic B button pause and minimize player (You know)
21 January 2021 – Enable seekbar preview mode…
10 February 2021 – Using MADVR video renderer. Found out to be the best quality video output. Change from Mega to Full edition. Many old codec is not in use anymore. Many Encoding software comes with own codec as well. Internal audio rendering selected (author recommended).
16 February 2021 – Change F11 to button F for full screen. So it same as youtube and other application.
(Silent Install Repack) x86 x64