PotPlayer is a comprehensive freeware video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. Done by the same Korean author as The KMPlayer.
It works w/madVR/HR/EVR and Reclock of course… it’s a much improved/faster version of KMPlayer, including ffdshow and some other stuff to connect to a Korean-only video/chat network.
Plenty of features and rich customization. It gives its users great control over its functions. That allows modification of the video speed, adjusting the audio volume, decrease or increase contrast and brightness.
Also, several skins are available so that users can match the appearance of their video player to the theme of their OS. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually.
PotPlayer supports seamless playback (up to 1000 – AVI/ WMV/ MKV/ MPG files at once, mixed containers are allowed), auto-resume on the last 200 opened files. Also it has fully configurable XML skin files and also a D3D exclusive mode. Other key features include WebCam/ Analog/ Digital TV devices support, gapless video Playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
PotPlayer supports almost every available video formats out there (such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG, M2V, MTS, DPG, WebM, AMV or DivX) formats. Also supports a wide range of audio formats (including, but not limited to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A, AAC, RA, FLAC and MOD), and recognizes several playlist formats (like M3U, ASX, PLS, WVX or CUE).
Supports Various Subtitle Formats: Text subtitles (SMI and SRT), DVD (Vobsub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
More Advanced Features of Daum PotPlayer:
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards.
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Support Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD, TV, HDTV.
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.20538.0 (2019-09-19):
- Changed default HEVC decoder to Built-in FFmpeg HEVC H/W Decoder
- Added support for YTT subtitles
- Added support for external chapters files (.chapters.xml)
- Fixed a problem that occurs when playing certain TS files
- Fixed a problem that can’t play certain FLAC files
- Fixed a problem that 2nd subtitles were appeared with certain YouTube videos
- Fixed an issue where the title in the Open URL box was not reflected into playlist when attempt to open the related URL
- Fixed a problem where settings are lost when switching between storing modes (INI <-> Registry)
Changes in Daum PotPlayer 1.7.19955.0 (2019-07-31):
- Added VP4 codec
- Added Arabic translation
- Added the ability to set the background color of the video area
- Fixed an issue where embedded subtitles in certain streams were disappeared quickly
- Fixed an issue that went beyond the next content in tvingTV playback in certain situations