Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
- new Settings section Transfers > Peers
- more advanced handling of bad data from download peers
- peers that send bad blocks have bandwidth priority lowered automatically before full auto-ignore
- adjustable bad data auto-ignore threshold in Settings > Transfers > Peers
- adjustable bad data auto-deprioritize threshold in Settings > Transfers > Peers
- more efficient piece repair procedures, less hashing rounds needed when there are several source peers
- seed ratio/count stop is no longer delayed by a pending or running location move or file completion shell commands
- completely re-wrote channel user shared data syncing algorithm, fixed previous failures to detect minor changes near segment boundaries
- channel user shared data message cache now recycles old messages much better after segmentation changes, reducing sync bandwidth
- after channel user unbanned, full internal re-compile and re-signing of shared data, allowing a more rapid re-sync with other channel users
- added /clear command to channels, in addition to shift-escape hotkey on Windows and ctrl-escape on Linux
- channel user purge now properly takes into account users that were previously sharing and cleared profile
- channel user purge / re-sync cycling eliminated
- fixed problems in channel forum activity notifications, no longer firing during minor user re-syncs
- show last seen time in user offline tooltip, which is time of last seen locally or last cached broadcast message timestamp
- when right-clicking unresolved hash links, location in menu is now correct
- many other minor improvements to the GUI
- updated IP-Location tables