Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
September 23, 2021
Tixati version 2.85 is now available. This is a major update with many improvements:
- added support for images in Channel Info and Share views
- new [img] tag can be used to add any PNG/JPEG file in base-64 encoding
- drag-drop images onto Channel Info and Share views to add
- added option to Add button in Channel Info and Share views to add an image by browsing
- new Add Image preview window that allows adjustments to size and compression
- Channel Info / Share automatic content-dependent chunker updated to reduce image splits when syncing
- outgoing Channel stream playlist now shows full date for next play time if not today
- fixed rare crash during outgoing Channel stream schedule re-sync on Channel startup
- better processing for DarkMX links in Chat/Info/Share
- raised limit for opening .torrent files to 200 MB
- maximum files within single transfer limit raised to 2 million
- fixed minor problems with peer metadata sync with very large transfers
- maximum new transfer creation file count raised to 2 million
- optimized initial .torrent file parsing to better handle very large transfers
- several optimizations to initial file name de-duplicating routines, much faster with large transfers
- optimized incoming file data routing for better performance in transfers with extremely high file count
- updated WebUI built-in HTML templates
- enter key on WebUI find bar now refreshes properly
- checkbox state in WebUI transfers / files views now persists after command buttons pressed
- mouse-wheel scrolling to control zoom level on bandwidth charts
- on Windows 7/XP/Vista, mouse-wheel will scroll the hovered control instead of focused
- fixed several problems with UTF-16 surrogate pair rendering on Windows builds
- word-breaking algorithm fixed to better deal with single and double quotes
- faster SHA hasher to speed up Channel operations and file checking
- more accurate free disk space readings on preload window location tooltips on Linux builds
- fixed minor treeview background painting glitches on Windows
- fixed rare crash in Windows GUI that happens when resizing then quickly closing a popup during heavy CPU usage
- many control positioning and spacing adjustments in the main Window / Transfer Properties