Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
- several new sequential downloading options available from Settings > Transfers > Files > Sequential Options
- adjustable sequential download tail length, both as a percentage of file length and absolute size in MB
- setting for sequential download progress limit, so after the set percentage pieces are no longer downloaded in order
- adjustable intensity of sequential download focus on desired pieces vs rarest pieces
- optional sequential download settings presets
- updated all file priority menus in Transfers, Files tab, and preload dialog to work with sequential presets
- updated buttons in preload dialog to work with sequential presets
- in file Auto-Select options, in Sequential tab, can now use [presetname] line to select desired preset for wildcard filename match
- WebUI has been updated to use sequential presets
- fixed problems with Auto-Select not working correctly with single-file torrents
- copying text from channel / message views in Linux now has correct native linefeed format
- fixed problems with Ctrl-V pasting of magnet links in Transfers view
- added key combination Ctrl-C to copy magnet links of selected transfers
- Select-All button in transfer preload window will now also expand all folders first
- corrected El Salvador flag image
- fixed minor display problems with bandwidth chart time labels
- fixed bandwidth chart display problems in WebUI
- updated IP location tables