Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
- in Settings > Transfers > General, new settings to auto-stop seeding after time limit, for regular, created, and constant seeds
- category support for new auto-stop time options
- modified GUI context menus on transfers / categories to support new auto-stop time options
- fixed problem playing some files in-browser via the WebUI files view
- fixed problems applying bandwidth presets via the WebUI bandwidth view
- added WebUI support for new auto-stop time options
- category auto-stop ratio and time settings now support non-default off setting
- completely re-written peer connection rotation routines
- peer connections that are running slowly are rotated out quicker if there’s many more to be tried
- peer connection speed evaluation for rotation is now based on a combination of short, medium, and long averages
- peer connection count purge threshold is slightly lower than previous version relative to the configured maximum for the transfer
- improved logging in peer properties, will now show more detailed rotate/disconnect messages, including speed and connection time
- fixed problems when hashing is interrupted by the user when creating new seeds
- fixed web seed URL calculation for multi-file transfers, should now work with archive.org
- several minor RSS/Atom feed parser compatibility improvements
- RSS feed created transfer options now fully support auto-stop ratio and time limits
- category tooltip now shows seeding ratio/time limits
- in transfer Details tab, replaced Elapsed Time with Download/Upload Time
- transfer Time Left shows estimate during seeding if auto-stop ratio or time limit set
- added optional (default-off) transfer view column to show seeding time limit
- fixed minor sort-updating problems when sorting transfers by time-left column
- in Settings > Transfers > Trackers > Individual Tracker Options, new Add Trackers directives include_private and exclude_private (default)
- in Settings > Transfers > Trackers > Individual Tracker Options, new Add Trackers directives include_created (default) and exclude_created
- category options in RSS layouts are now correctly hidden when the Categories feature is not activated
- fixed problems when notification system plays .wav files on Linux systems without GStreamer
- minor tuning to throttle priority algorithms, splitting should now be more accurate when there are many high-latency connections
- fixed rare crash on program close that was due to destroy sequencing of main throttle object and lingering sockets
- fixed rare crash when using enable_memory_profiling.txt on some Linux systems
- updated build system for Linux releases to GCC 9.3, with better optimizations
- IP location tables updated to latest delegations