Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
Changes in Tixati 2.88 (January 15, 2022):
- additional Transfer checks to detect inconsistent file structure after downloading metadata
- fixed crash when Transfer metadata is reloaded from config file with incorrect file sizes or misaligned piece layout
- new optional Transfer columns to show known peer and seed counts
- complete re-write of Channel user shared data and Channel Information message caching
- much lower Channel memory usage for large shared data sets
- smaller channels.dat config file, faster loading on program startup
- re-wrote all routines for synchronization of Channel Information and user shared data
- faster updating of Channel Information tab between v2.88 or newer clients
- much faster and more reliable updating of Channel user shared data
- slightly lower bandwidth usage for Channel connections
- fixed minor display problems when browsing incomplete Channel user shared data, especially with incomplete images
- all Channels now default to 10-year shared data time to live
- when switching Channels in list view, now correctly preserves and restores text from outgoing chat message edit box in lower tab
- fixed link parsing in Channel output text so that leading or trailing special chars won’t be included
- fixed minor sorting problems in Channel forum tab
- major re-write of some Windows and GTK control classes to fix problems with handle destroy sequencing in complex layouts
- fixed crash when program is closed while an open Settings window has unflushed proxy settings
- better maintenance routines for rate limiters for incoming connections and torrent hole-punching, should use less RAM
- when program is closing in GTK build, the message pump is now forcibly cleared, so that any open property windows disappear without delay
- upon quitting program, app-lock is now released immediately before config save, so the wait dialog will reliably appear on quick re-launch
- several improvements to CPU and memory state diagnostic profiling, far more accurate readings in the Channels and Netbase categories
- updated IP location tables
Remark: My favorite torrent downloader