Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol, allowing many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
The program is a free and easy to use client featuring detailed views of all aspects of the torrent swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers.
Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Low memory usage. Support for “magnet links“, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available. Super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads. Peer connection encryption for added security, as well as IPv6 support.
Advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding.
Tixati also featuring Customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm.
This application has expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different location even while downloading is still in progress. Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers. Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) and PEX implementation for trackerless torrents as well as for torrents with an announce, including detailed traffic graphs and customizable event logging.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you.
Tixati is better than the rest:
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- Easy and quick install – no java, no .net
- NO Spyware NO Ads NO Nonsense
Changes in Tixati 3.16 (February 11, 2023):
- several improvements to download/upload slot auto-manage feature
- hash-links that are unresolved for over 90 seconds will re-queue if there are resolved queued downloads
- dead hash links skipped when starting new downloads from the queue
- better session restart procedures to keep track of downloads that have manually skipped queue
- new full-featured WYSIWYG editor for channel info and shared text
- peer start/stop algorithms modified in v1+2 hybrid torrents to better handle single-protocol clients
- completely re-engineered main message loop and thread manager for Windows builds
- better task prioritization balance between GUI events and internal processing for Windows builds
- added a new back-buffering render layer to treeview/listview/graph controls in Windows
- CPU usage during window drag-over, resize, and re-render events is greatly reduced
- several fixes and improvements to rich-text view controls that power log/chat/browse/info views
- tree/list view automatic scroll to selection on start/stop option in Settings > UI > Behavior
- fixed crash in the transfer preload window when using the find option and cycling through multiple transfers
- the Remote Seed Limit option will only consider partial seeds that have at least as many pieces as local
- fixed minor problems with the Source column in peers / transfers view
- tree/list views in Windows build now support bold/underline text when viewing channel list
- Linux builds now use xdg-mime by default instead of gconftool-2 to setup file/protocol associations
- fixed ordering problem in program shutdown sequencing that can cause crash on close
- corrupt config files now automatically trigger loading from .lastloadok.dat when available
- fixed minor file naming problems when using Scheduler automatic config file backup/export task
- many other minor fixes in the GUI
My favorite torrent downloader