Asset is a UPnP (DLNA compatible) audio server, designed as an audio only server, which an emphasis on quality and enhanced browsing abilities. UPnP is a method of sharing media content between devices, where audio files are stored on a computer, server or NAS, multiple audio devices around the home network can play audio from the UPnP server (devices such as Linn DS, Naim NDX, XBox 360, PS3, etc).
- Designed from the ground up as an audio only UPnP server,
- Internet Radio: browse popular stations from around the world,
- Dynamic playlists: find newest, least or most played tracks & albums. Jukebox (random) selection,
- Dynamic Browsing, include / Exclude Genres, or Years with ease.
- Customizable browse tree with advanced search facilities (Album by Release, Style, Composer, Conductor…),
- Configurable Wave, LPCM or mp3 decoding (no quality loss) for devices which cannot play specific audio types,
- DSD and DFF compatibility, decode, send untouched or DSD DoP embed
- Capture the PC sound output and stream to a UPnP player (Windows Vista or newer),
- ReplayGain can be applied to Wave, LPCM and mp3 stream, volume matching across tracks for devices which have no support,
- Runs efficiently in the background detecting new & changed tracks,
- Asset Collections: create add additional asset instances, each with different audio libraries
When comparing to other UPnP servers, it is surprising how simple things are wrong, such collating albums with the same name as one huge album, after all you could have 10 Greatest Hits albums. With Asset UPnP the attention to detail is second to none:
Thanks to ARMOUR (nsane) sharing
(Retail Silent Install Repack) x86