AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp), so you’ll get used to it very quickly.
AIMP can also be customized with skins. Also it includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files.
A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop. Furthermore, a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities. They also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags.
AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS. So it’s easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the player’s functionalities.
- Audio Library, Sound Recorder, Audio Converter/CD Grabber and Tag Editor
- Support for large number of formats and playlists
- Work with multiple playlist immediately, creation of bookmarks, playback queue
- Design Great functionality and user-friendly interface
Main features of AIMP:
- Audio formats supported. MP1, MP2, MP3, MPC, MP+, AAC, AC3, OGG, FLAC, APE, WavPack, Speex. WAV, CDA, WMA, S3M, XM, MOD, IT, MO3, MTM, UMX
- Good functionality and friendly user interface
- 18-sliders equalizer and build-in sound effects. Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed
- 32-bit sound processing: for crystal clear sound
- Works with few playlists: Listern one, work with other
- Plug-Ins support. You can add new utils or extend already exists, and connect some winamp plugins: Input, Gen, DSP
- Autoshutdown manager
- Internet-Radio: Listern and Capture!
- Bookmarks and Queues
- Hotkeys: Customizable local and global hotkeys
- Multilingual interface
- Multiuser mode support: Few users can work unders one computer
- Full Unicode support
- File search: File search by all opened playlists
- Many program options
- Small distributive size
- Audio Converter. Can encode any supported audio file to WAV, MP3, WMA or OGG format
- Audio Grabber. Can encode Audio CD Track to WAV, MP3, WMA or OGG format
- Sound Recorder. Capture sound from any audio device in your system to mp3, ogg, wav or wma format
- Advanced Tag Editor. Edit ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis, WMA tags. Grouping rename, group editing and sort files by one of templates.
- Audio Library
Supported OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
AIMP v4.70, build 2247 (04.04.2021)
Sound Engine: TrueHD codec support has been added for MKA container
Tag editor: an ability to import lyrics form the SRT file format to file tags
Playlist: the “%inc” and “%dec” macros has been added
Playlist: the %StrLeft and %StrRight macros now supports a string values for second argument
Music Library: The “find missed files” algorithm has been improved
Music library: performance has been increased
Fixed: sound engine – WAV files with 8-bit samples cannot be played
Fixed: playlist – the “you cannot open the destination” error occurs on invoking the “Save As” dialog if playlist name contains a “:” character
Fixed: music library – synchronization at app startup skips formats of audio files which are supported by plugins
Fixed: music library – the “synchronize user defined rating with tags of audio file” does not affect to file import operation
Fixed: music library – records not aligned to grid during list scrolling via mouse wheel