CrystalDiskMark is a simple disk benchmark software.
This is a lightweight, yet highly efficient application designed as a benchmark system for your hard drive, enabling you to assess read and write speeds
Assessing the performance of various hardware components is a job for specialized software utilities that can thoroughly test several parameters before reaching a qualified conclusion. For hard disk drives, one of the possible choices is CrystalDiskMark.
Quick and easy deployment
The application runs through the setup process pretty fast. Except for destination directory, there isn’t anything else to configure. However, pay attention every step of the way, because you might end up with a different homepage and other applications installed as well.
Put your HDD under the scope
This application was developed to help you get to know your HDD, so it has the power to measure sequential and random read/write speeds while displaying all details to the user with the help of a simple interface. The whole look is designed to make the app very user friendly, so all the information you’ll get after conducting the tests will be displayed in the main window.
Gets the job done fast
Speaking about the test, CrystalDiskMark needs just a couple of minutes to perform all the benchmarks. In order to get the most accurate results it’s recommended to close all the other apps before hitting the start button.
Uses little system resources
This tool doesn’t put your processor and RAM under a tremendous stress, but it’s better to have no documents open while CrystalDiskMark performs a test, be it a sequential read or write or random 4KB/512KB reads or writes.
You can manually select the number of test runs, the size of the test and the drive that will be analyzed and then press the corresponding button to start all the tests.
CrystalDiskMark puts up a decent performance and it serves its purpose very well. The application doesn’t require any extra knowledge and any user will be able to take advantage of its features and check their HDD’s capabilities.
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019
- Installer does not support Windows XP/2003 (NT5.x).
- Not support Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000.
- Measure Sequential and Random Performance (Read/Write/Mix)
- Various measure mode (Peak/Real World/Demo)
- Many languages support
- CrystalDiskMark may shorten SSD/USB Memory life.
- Benchmark result is NOT compatible between different major version.
- “MB/s” means 1,000,000 byte/sec.
- The result depends on Test File Size, Test File Position, Fragmentation, IDE(PATA)/SATA/RAID/SCSI/NVMe controller and CPU speed etc…
- A part of SSDs depend on test data(random, 0fill).
- If you execute CrystalDiskMark with Administrator rights, it does not show Network Drive.
If you would like to measure Network Drive, please run as w/o Administrator rights.
UAC Dialog: YES -> w/ Administrator Rights, NO -> w/o Administrator Rights