ESET Server Security is an integrated solution specially designed for the Microsoft Windows Server environment. ESET Server Security delivers effective and robust protection against various types of malware and provides two types of protection: Anti-Malware and Antispyware.
All ESET products currently use machine learning in conjunction with all of our other defense layers and have done so since 1997. Specifically, machine learning is used in the form of consolidated output and neural networks.
An additional layer protecting users from ransomware. Our technology monitors and evaluates all executed applications based on their behavior and reputation. It is designed to detect and block processes that resemble the behavior of ransomware.
Network Attack Protection
ESET Network Attack Protection improves detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level. It constitutes another important layer of protection against spreading malware, network-conducted attacks, and exploitation of vulnerabilities, for which a patch has not yet been released or deployed.
ESET Botnet Protection detects malicious communication used by botnets, and at the same time, identifies the offending processes. Any detected malicious communication is blocked and reported to the user.
Optional Cloud Sandbox Analysis
ESET Dynamic Threat Defense provides another layer of security for ESET File Security solutions by utilizing cloud-based sandboxing technology to detect new, never before seen type of threats.
ESET Exploit Blocker monitors typically exploitable applications (browsers, document readers, email clients, Flash, Java and more), and instead of just aiming at particular CVE identifiers, it focuses on exploitation techniques. When triggered, the threat is blocked immediately on the machine.
Behavioral Detection – HIPS
ESET’s Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) monitors system activity and uses a pre-defined set of rules to recognize and stop suspicious system behavior.
Advanced Memory Scanner
ESET Advanced Memory Scanner monitors the behavior of a malicious process and scans it once it decloaks in memory. Fileless malware operates without needing persistent components in the ﬁle system that can be detected conventionally. Only memory scanning can successfully discover and stop such malicious attacks.
Protection for Linux servers
ESET provides installers for the most popular distributions of Unix-based systems, including the ‘Ready’ variations of RedHat and SuSE that comply with the File-System-Hierarchy standard. It requires no external libraries except for LIBC.
Office 365 OneDrive Storage
After registration is done on a single server, ESET has the ability to scan OneDrive to provide visibility and monitor the trusted source of company storage.
AMSI/Protected Service Support
ESET products leverage the Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) to provide enhanced malware protection for users, data, applications, and workload. In addition, it utilizes the protected service interface that is a new security module built into Windows that only allows trusted, signed code to load and better protect against code injection attacks.
ESET’s in-product Sandbox assists in identifying the real behavior hidden underneath the surface of obfuscated malware.
Supported Windows operating systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008R2, 2008 SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server Core 2016, 2012, 2008R2, 2008
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2011
- New: Product renaming from ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server to ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server.
- New: MicroPCU technology with central EULA update handling.
- New: Automatic product updates at the hotfix level to distribute security and stability patches without administrator interaction.
- New: Extended capabilities of an on-demand scan to inspect OS repositories like WMI or system registry in full depth.
- New: Local audit log.
- Fixed: The OneDrive scan dialog could not be displayed.
- Fixed: More than ten scans could not be started simultaneously.
- Fixed: When scanning your computer, it was impossible to scan only C: instead of other disks.
- Fixed: Windows Defender was not turned on after the uninstallation of EFSW for an upgrade.
- Fixed: A OneDrive scan could not be canceled by the user.
(Registered Silent Install Repack) x64