O&O Defrag 24 puts is a replacement for the standard Windows defragmenter, that offers a much advanced set of features. It puts fragmented files together and maximizes your system speed.
O&O Defrag also offers five different defragmentation strategies. Moreover, the program has OneButtonDefrag technology for automatic adjustment of the settings best fitting for your system.
The program can defragment drives manually, or fully automatic in the background. As a result, that keeps your system at peak performance by avoiding build-up of file fragmentation. Also you can schedule the defragmentation jobs, using various criteria.
Additional features include status reports, cluster inspector, command line interface, optional MMC integration, boot time defragmentation, special support for mobile systems and more.
O&O Defrag 24 offers the increased performance up to 100%. If you spend a lot of time on your PC, slow system and program starts or system crashes while playing can be very frustrating. Periodic defragmentation often works wonders in bringing new life to a PC.
O&O Defrag now has Remote Desktop! With the integrated Remote Desktop you can help your family and friends anytime from anywhere direct on their machines!
The O&O Defrag 24 is integrated into the O&O Cloud IT Management solution – O&O Syspectr! With O&O Syspectr you have the optimal overview of your Windows settings and system status. You can control O&O Defrag and other tools easily over the Cloud. The newly integrated functions from O&O Syspectr are especially useful for customers with several machines. Also for owners of the Family Edition, who are not always sitting at home in front of each PC.
Up to 100% increased PC speed: There is nothing worse than when you want to do something on your PC and your computer is running slow. A disk defragmenter used regularly can speed up a PC of any age and get it working like new again!
Don’t let a slow computer spoil your work or fun! Let O&O Defrag optimize your hard disks and – New! – SSDs and you can experience speed increases of up to 100%! Regular disk defragmentation optimizes your PC performance!
When you defragment, the files that Windows splits up when saving documents across the hard disk or SSD are put back in order again so that files can be quickly recognized and found by the SSD or the read and write heads inside your HDD. Speed increases of up to 100% are not uncommon, and your hardware suffers much less wear and tear!
New: O&O Defrag supports Windows Compact OS: Many new things have been added to the O&O Defrag engine that make using it, especially under Windows 10, even better. That‘s why version 24 now supports the Windows 10-integrated feature for compressing system files so that more space can be kept free.
New function “Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The program selects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system.
If you spend a lot of time on your PC, slow system and program starts or system crashes while playing can be very frustrating. Periodic defragmentation often works wonders in bringing new life to a PC.
New SOLID method
By customer request, O&O Software has developed the defragmentation method SOLID in order to offer the user a choice adapted to his or her needs: SOLID/Complete and SOLID/Quick. Both methods sustainably extend the life of the SSD but differ in terms of the duration and protection of the hardware.
The brand new in-built O&O DiskCleaner searches for and removes temporary and unnecessary files that are taking up memory and increasing fragmentation. O&O DiskCleaner also increases the security of your data, as private content (e.g. Thumbs.db, copies of documents, drafts of emails, Dumps) will no longer be kept as copies in unnecessary system files.
Benefits of a clearly laid out hard disk
Whenever it saves data, Windows scatters file fragments all over the hard disk and this slows down access times considerably. Defragmentation reverses this by rearranging data and speeding up access times dramatically. This not only saves the user time, it also reduces wear on hard disks and extends their life expectancy. Defragmentation can even make the difference if you lose important data because chances of full recovery are better on a defragmented disk. Why? After defragmentation, it’s easier for data recovery software such as O&O DiskRecovery to restore files when they’re not scattered across multiple areas of a hard disk.
Automatic background defragmentation
Automatic defragmentation can be configured with just three clicks and optimizes your disks behind the scenes with no negative impact on your computer’s performance. You can set O&O Defrag to run defragmentation at a certain level of fragmentation, on particular days of the week, or whenever your screensaver is being used. Defragmentation can be paused and resumed whenever you want because O&O Defrag automatically recognizes where defragmentation was interrupted.
We recommend manual defragmentation for PCs that are being used heavily because only a user can decide when the time is right to give up the performance needed for running defragmentation. On computers using video editing or graphics applications, O&O Defrag can be configured to not start automatic optimization while certain programs are running. The default settings in O&O Defrag are more than adequate for ordinary desktop PCs running mainly internet or office applications. O&O Defrag is also perfect for notebooks. Whenever an external power supply is disconnected, O&O Defrag automatically goes into pause mode to save energy
- “Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The programselects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system
- SOLID/Quick: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, performs a superficial optimization of the SSD, such as erasing the free space. This method is gentler and faster.
- SOLID/Complete: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, is a thorough optimization of the SSD.
- ClusterView with SSDs: In order to represent the degree of fragmentation of an SSD, the ClusterView now maps the logical structure of an SSD so that, accordingly, 6 blocks are combined into one.
- Fragment Filter to identify the most fragmented files on a drive
- O&O DiskCleaner
- Time View to see which defragmentation activity results in which successful optimization
- Easy-to-Use: Ideal for Beginners and Professionals
- Even faster system and program starts
- Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%
- Defragmentation of locked files
- Lifetime Performance Statistics
- Optimizing systems with Thin Provisioning
- Supports 64 bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
What’s new in O&O Defrag Server 24.0:
- NEW: Install & That’s All: Install the program and O&O Defrag 24 does the rest, fully automatic, in the background and with no impact on your system.
- NEW: Windows Compact OS Support: O&O Defrag 24 supports the Windows Compact OS compression feature, helping free up space in Windows 10.
- NEW: Quicker Installation: We have made the program installation process even quicker, saving you even more time.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Remark: Respect goes to radixx11
O&O Defrag Server 24.5 Build 6601
(Registered Silent Install Repack)
O&O Defrag Server 25.1 Build 7305