Powerful Tools for Home or Office! – Parted Magic is a complete hard disk management solution. PartedMagic has the tools to get the job done. With the Partition Editor you can re-size, copy, and move partitions. You can grow or shrink your drive. Create space for new operating systems. Attempt data rescue from lost partitions.
PartedMagic has the tools to get the job done. With the Partition Editor you can re-size, copy, and move partitions. You can grow or shrink your drive. Create space for new operating systems. Attempt data rescue from lost partitions.
PartedMagic allows you to easily reset or change Windows passwords. Recover lost files. Rescue files from devices with disk read errors.
Clone a computer’s entire disk or a single partition. The cloned data could be saved as an image-file or as a duplicated copy of the data. The data could then be saved to a locally attached storage device, an SSH server, a Samba Server, or a Network File System share. The clone file can then be used to restore the original when needed.
PartedMagic comes with easy to use solutions for conventional overwrite. Internal Secure Erase. Wiping of only Free Space.
All the benchmarking tools you would ever need! Bonnie++, IOzone, Hard Info, System Stability Tester, mprime, and stress.
No Installation Required!
PartedMagic is a stand alone Linux operating system. Runs from a CD or USB drive. Nothing installed.
Disk Partitioning Software?
Disk partitioning divides a hard disk into multiple storage units referred to as partitions. A physical disk with multiple partitions is useful for running more than one operating system. Each Partition may use a different file system.
SSD Secure Erase?
When Parted Magic Secure Erase is issued against a SSD drive, all of its cells will be marked as empty.
A benchmark program tests the relative performance of computer by running a number of standard tests and trials against it.
– Parted Magic requires at least a 64-bit processor with 4GB of RAM. 2GB in Live mode.
– Compatible with Secure Boot Windows machines.
– Runs well on Intel Macs.
This version of Parted Magic includes 100’s of system updates and adds some new programs.
Updated to Slackware Current as of Mon Aug 16 19:16:42 UTC 2021
- linux-5.13.11.tar.xz: Upgraded.
- nvidia-driver-470.63.01-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Upgraded.
- nvidia-kernel-470.63.01_5.13.11_pmagic-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Upgraded.
- zfs-on-linux-2.1.0_5.13.11_pmagic-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Upgraded.
- bollux-0.4.3-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Added.
- clamav-0.103.3-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Upgraded.
- clamtk-6.13-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Upgraded.
- dupeguru-4.1.1.tgz: Added.
- dvdisaster-0.79.9-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz: Added.
- iperf3-3.1.3-x86_64-2_slonly.txz: Added.
- libreoffice-7.1.4-x86_64-1alien.txz: Upgraded.
A major new feature has been added as well. Nwipe and a Secure Erase script called ata-erase has been added to the initramfs. This is extremely useful for headless systems and minimal setups. I don’t have any special boot menu options for these yet, but can boot directly into the initramfs with the Initrd.img option from the FailSafe menu.