Sandboxie is a proprietary sandbox based isolation program for Windows operating systems. It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment.
There you can run or install all applications without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows to control testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space. It prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
When you run a program on your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it back to your hard disk.
- Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
- Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation. So when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
- Secure Web Browsing. If you run Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie, all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy. Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don’t leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail. Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can’t break out of the sandbox and can’t infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean. Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Translations: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
- added core version compatybility check to sandman UI
- added shell integration options to SbiePlus
- SbieCtrl does not longer auto show the tutorian on first start
- when hooking, the to the trampoline migrated section of the original function is not longer noped out
— it caused issues with unity games, will be investigated and re enabled later
- fixed color issue with vertical tabs in dark mode
- fixed wrong path separators when adding new forced folders
- fixed directroy listing bug intriduced in 5.43
- fixed issues with settings window when not being connected to driver
- fixed issue when starting sandman ui as admin
- fixed auto content delete not working with sandman ui
Remark: Just incase you don’t know what is this program. It allow you to run extra application that run in sandbox. Separated application to load without touching your computer. It is paid program but now free.
Download | 32-bit – https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v0.4.1/SandboxieInstall32-v5.43.5.exe
Download | 64-bit – https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v0.4.1/SandboxieInstall64-v5.43.5.exe
Download | 32-bit Plus – https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v0.4.1/Sandboxie-Plus-x86-v0.4.1.exe
Download | 64-bit Plus – https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/download/v0.4.1/Sandboxie-Plus-x64-v0.4.1.exe