TeraCopy is a nifty piece of freeware that improves the Windows copy/move function and adds useful extras like checksum calculation and permanent delete.
In case of a copy error TeraCopy will try to recover. If unable to recover in the worst case scenario it will simply skip the problematic file, not terminating the entire transfer. It can also wait for network or device reconnection.
Unnecessary files can be skipped to reduce the transfer time. During the process, TeraCopy shows detected errors, and allows you to fix the problem by recopying only the problematic files.
TeraCopy can verify files after they have been copied to ensure that they are identical. This is done by comparing hashes of source and target files.
Supported algorithms: CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512, Panama, Tiger, RipeMD, Whirlpool and xxHash.
TeraCopy can optionally show a confirmation dialog on every drag and drop operation. It can prevent you from moving folders accidentally from one location to another.
TeraCopy can keep history of recently used directories, as well as show folders which are open in Explorer and other file managers.
TeraCopy 3.4 alpha
- Support for Windows 10 Dark Mode.
- Sidebar with a list of recent file transfers.
- Better progress tracking system.
- Selectors for processing failed/skipped files.
- Custom toolbar with tooltips panel.
- Two progress bars on the main screen.
- Filelist scrolling with a touchscreen.
- Using GDI drawing routines instead of DirectDraw.
Dec 15: added support for Windows 7 and above.
Windows 10 version 1809 or higher is required for switching to dark theme automatically.
– Windows Vista/7/8/10.