Use stunning live wallpapers on your Windows desktop. Animate your own images to create new wallpapers or import videos and websites and share them with others!
Wallpaper Engine comes with a powerful editor for turning static images into complex animated sceneries. It’s easy to use if you are new to image editing but also caters to power users with very advanced features similar to what you can find in modern video game engines.
You can use either pre-built or free community-made assets and effects in the wallpaper editor to quickly animate your wallpapers.
Give users the ability to further customize your creations by making individual parts of your wallpapers configurable with a few clicks.
As an advanced user, you can use our SceneScript language to code custom logic into your wallpaper elements.
Editor for Particle Systems
Using our own particle systems editor, you can create complex and interactive particle systems for your wallpapers.
- Bring your desktop alive with realtime graphics, videos, applications or websites.
- Personalize animated wallpapers with your favorite colors.
- Use interactive wallpapers that can be controlled with your mouse.
- Many aspect ratios and native resolutions supported including 16:9, 21:9, 16:10, 4:3.
- Multi monitor environments are supported.
- Wallpapers will pause while playing games to save performance.
- Create your own animated wallpapers in the Wallpaper Engine Editor.
- Animate new live wallpapers from basic images or import HTML or video files for the wallpaper.
- Steam Workshop to share and download wallpapers.
- Wallpaper Engine can be used at the same time as any other Steam game or application.
- Supported video formats: mp4, WebM, avi, m4v, mov, wmv (for local files, Workshop only allows mp4).
- Support for Razer Chroma and Corsair iCUE.
- OS: Windows 7 (with Aero), 8.1, 10
- Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: HD Graphics 4000 or above
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 512 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Windows N versions require the ‘Media Feature Pack’ from Microsoft. Aero must be enabled on Windows 7. Max video resolutions: Windows 8, 10: 4K, Windows 7: 1080p
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel i7 or equivalent
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD HD7870, 2 GB VRAM or above
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1024 MB available space
Aside from Android, we have also been working on another update for Wallpaper Engine on Windows. With Wallpaper Engine 1.7, we are adding video texture support for Scene wallpapers and a new Livestream Mode, among other new features and bug fixes.
Up until now, the Wallpaper Engine editor only supported static image as a basis for all imported materials. We have now created a way that users can import .mp4 video files as image layers in the editor and they can used just like any other image layer, meaning effects can be applied to them and other assets may be placed over them, allowing for video-based wallpapers to become just as interactive and dynamic as static wallpapers previously. We recommend using H.264 compression for the best compatibility across systems.
You can also use video files as base textures of your wallpaper, to do this, click on “Use a Template” in the editor welcome window, select “2D Scene” and configure the resolution of your video file. Then simply drag and drop your video file into the new project and it will be added as a new image layer in your project.
A relatively specific feature request in the past was to support setting web livestreams as wallpapers. Due to license issues, this is not easily possible and required us to implement a whole new web framework solely to enable livestream video formats for websites. To access the new Livestream Mode, click on “Open Wallpaper” in the lower left corner of Wallpaper Engine, then select “Open from URL”.
You can now enable the new “Use Livestream Mode” option for URLs with livestreams in them. The first time you access this feature, Wallpaper Engine will install the new Microsoft’s Edge WebView browser which is automatically maintained by Microsoft and includes support for the required video formats. It’s also somewhat limited in its Wallpaper Engine functions, so we only recommend using it if you specifically want to set a livestream as a wallpaper. Specifically, there is no keyboard input and using the mouse for input requires hiding the icons first with the built-in hotkey.
The full changelog for Wallpaper Engine 1.7 can be found here:
- Added Workshop EULA to prepare the Wallpaper Engine Android release.
- Added video texture support for scenes.
- Added LiveStream Mode to “Open URL” dialog which uses Edge WebView to support video streams.
- Added option to sync static lock-screen image & static Windows wallpaper with live wallpaper.
- Added audio recording icon to application rule program list.
- Added new option to only show editor performance stats when needed.
- Added support for custom titles to local wallpapers.
- Added JPEG rotation EXIF support so JPEG files get rotated pre-import.
- Editor update project.json of web wallpapers every time apply is used to ensure audio responsiveness works more reliably while developing.
- Added safety measure to avoid crashes with video files when the playback rate cannot be properly read from video files.
- Fixed wallpapers not muting when screensaver is active.
- Fixed screensaver playlists not being editable properly.
- Fixed screensavers also changing Windows theme colors.
- Fixed local preview images not being cropped.
- Fixed lighting settings not being editable after previewing.
- Fixed unsubscribed items not disappearing.
- Fixed user interface crash if Steam was extremely out-of-date.
- Fixed undo functionality in editor in combination with the light height slider.
- Fixed undo/redo getting stuck when going too fast.
- Fixed UI without hardware acceleration not disabling effects.
- Fixed asset updating.
- Fixed preset update system to account for new Steam behavior.
- Fixed effect copy/paste using selected item instead of right clicked item.
- Fixed scene audio playback not playing again if wallpaper is paused at the same time a song finishes.
- Fixed wrong user properties being applied to cloned wallpapers in screensaver mode without DWM live image copy.
Remark: In case need remove simply delete C:\Wallpaper Engine. Enjoy live wallpaper~!
7 February 2021 – Fix wallpaper location to show. New version have bugs so stick with older stable version. Don’t keep running on laptop it drains your battery.
4 October 2021 – Update 25 selected wallpaper…
Special thanks to ramiz0 sharing…..
(Cracked Silent Install Repack) x86 x64
Just in case want more wallpaper… go to Steam
copy the link of the wallpaper you need
download the wallpaper via Workshop