Use stunning live wallpapers on your Windows desktop. Animate your own images to create new wallpapers or import videos and websites and share them with others!
Wallpaper Engine comes with a powerful editor for turning static images into complex animated sceneries. It’s easy to use if you are new to image editing but also caters to power users with very advanced features similar to what you can find in modern video game engines.
You can use either pre-built or free community-made assets and effects in the wallpaper editor to quickly animate your wallpapers.
Give users the ability to further customize your creations by making individual parts of your wallpapers configurable with a few clicks.
As an advanced user, you can use our SceneScript language to code custom logic into your wallpaper elements.
Editor for Particle Systems
Using our own particle systems editor, you can create complex and interactive particle systems for your wallpapers.
Bring your desktop alive with realtime graphics, videos, applications or websites.
Personalize animated wallpapers with your favorite colors.
Use interactive wallpapers that can be controlled with your mouse.
Many aspect ratios and native resolutions supported including 16:9, 21:9, 16:10, 4:3.
Multi monitor environments are supported.
Wallpapers will pause while playing games to save performance.
Create your own animated wallpapers in the Wallpaper Engine Editor.
Animate new live wallpapers from basic images or import HTML or video files for the wallpaper.
Steam Workshop to share and download wallpapers.
Wallpaper Engine can be used at the same time as any other Steam game or application.
Supported video formats: mp4, WebM, avi, m4v, mov, wmv (for local files, Workshop only allows mp4).
Support for Razer Chroma and Corsair iCUE.
OS: Windows 7 (with Aero), 8.1, 10, 11
Processor: 1.66 GHz Intel i5 or equivalent
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
Graphics: HD Graphics 4000 or above
DirectX: Version 10
Storage: 512 MB available space
Additional Notes: Windows N versions require the ‘Media Feature Pack’ from Microsoft. Aero must be enabled on Windows 7. Max video resolutions: Windows 8, 10: 4K, Windows 7: 1080p
OS: Windows 10, Windows 11
Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel i7 or equivalent
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD HD7870, 2 GB VRAM or above
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 1024 MB available space
Additional Notes: Mobile App requires Android 8.1 or newer
Wallpaper Engine for Windows
Additions / Changes
- Added fluid simulation effect.
- Added Media Integration for album covers and music data in Scene and Web wallpapers using Windows Global Media Sessions.
- Added cursor ripple effect.
- Added gradient blend effect.
- Added radial blur effect.
- Added chromatic aberration effect.
- Added opacity mask to precise blur effect.
- Added alpha blur option to blur effects.
- Added time offset texture to water waves effect.
- Added puppet warp alpha bone animations.
- Added puppet warp texture channel animations.
- Improved puppet bone visualization with new gizmos.
- Added polygon selection tool to separation/character sheet editor.
- Added options to control maximum width and number of rows for text layers.
- Added ability to record GIFs for Workshop snapshot in editor.
- Added asynchronous texture streaming loader to improve wallpaper loading speed.
- Added “flicker value” stock script snippet.
- Added puppet depth map painting and replaced basic extrusion.
- Added mp4 as supported image layer import format to file dialog in editor.
- Added stutter detection experiment to video playback through media foundation.
- Changed gallery context menu to use more groups and be more compact.
- Added ability to open wallpaper preview in portrait size or maximized.
- Improved property changing consistency in animation editor.
- Changed animation wrap loop option to be enabled by default.
- Added ability to copy and paste entire animation channels easily from property context menu.
- Added dark theme support to tray menu using undocumented APIs.
- Added resolution options to high-performance export for tablets.
- Added new monitor identification system (Managed) which will be used in new configs by default and will be more resilient against Windows inconsistencies.
- Changed display HDR to manage albedo brightness so extreme brightning is avoided when albedo brightness is too high.
- Improved automatic web audio muting.
- Improved lockscreen image cropping when monitors are offset vertically.
- Changed scenescript module to only unload on program shutdown so stability bugs in V8 are avoided when DLL gets reloaded too often.
- Added performance warnings to expensive (multi pass) effects.
- Added shader property grouping for complex effects.
- Added layer sorting menu to context menu in editor.
- Reduced memory required for sprite sheet base textures.
- Added 45 snapping to editor knob control when holding SHIFT down.
- Changed editor texture memory to include missing, currently invisible textures.
- Improved Workshop assets not updating after subscribing externally.
- Changed audio detection to use selected audio input device.
- Added support for HDR effects high performance encoding for mobile.
- Added ability to add application rules for files with invalid program extensions.
- Added ability to copy playlists and wallpaper properties between monitors from display selection.
- Improved key frame selection behavior in curve editor.
- Added placeholder solid layer that allows using a basic layer with dynamic user/system textures.
- Added floating rounding to nested property sliders in editor.
- Added Workshop URL copy button to editor menu and publish dialog.
- Added roboto mono as new stock mono spaced font.
- Added “getWallpaper” command to CLI to print out current wallpaper path.
- Added video texture count to editor stats.
- Added effect performance counts to editor stats.
- Updated Wuffs PNG decoder.
- Updated Windows SDK.
- Updated ASIO.
- Changed main projects to C++20.
- Fixed blend mode layers to not be pre-rendered when invisible.
- Fixed timeline editors being unlinked when toggling preview.
- Fixed customizable tag being added when invalid user property links are present.
- Fixed image reflection not working when lighting is disabled.
- Fixed font characters being unmapped too early and text rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed particle editor viewport settings.
- Fixed clean project dialog suggesting deletion of newly used files due to scene file not being updated beforehand.
- Fixed playlist app shutdown/restart delta time not being used to advance playlist on load.
- Fixed cloning shell hook not being reloaded after Explorer crashing.
- Removed unlisted option from publish dialog since it’s unavailable on Steam now.
- Fixed portrait/phone wallpapers being difficult to record a snapshot for in the editor.
- Fixed brush detection on perspective/rotated layers.
- Fixed being able to upload badly encoded videos.
- Fixed video colorization sometimes not taking effect.
- Fixed wrap loop frames option causing second to last frame to not save correctly.
- Fixed UV position picker for post-processing layers.
- Changed app wallpaper to close parent window before attempting to shutdown child process to potentially improve app closing behavior.
- Fixed playlist not looping properly when the following is true: two wallpaper, intro enabled, sorted timer, change on video end enabled.
Thanks to ramiz0 (nsane) sharing
(Silent Install Repack) x86 x64
Just in case want more wallpaper…
go to Steam
copy the link of the wallpaper url you need..
download via Steam work downloader
Wallpaper Engine for Android
- Added option to disable wallpapers colors API or override it for phones that choose badly readable UI colors on their own.
- Added button to clear shader cache.
- Updated Android target SDK and NDK to Android 13.
- Fixed shader cache not being used.