Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classicWinamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.
• Full version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more; Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins; Full Support for classic and modern skins; Plays Videos; has a Powerful Media Library; Browse Internet Radio & TV Stations; Integrated Internet Music Videos & Songs; Bundled Visualizations; and Burn & Rip CDs.
• The LITE version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more. It is compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins and has full support for classic skins.
* New portable device features – transcoding, new sync options, USB thumbdrive player support, video sync, direct-from-device playback
* Faster ripping
* Improved AAC and aacPlus encoding
* Unicode metadata, filename, and title support
* iTunes-compatible gapless playback (MP3/M4A) and encoding (M4A)
* Optional 24bit playback
* ReplayGain support
Winamp Player Features:
– Plays Music and Video Files (aacPlus, MP3, AAC, WMA and more!)
– Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins
– Full Support for Classic and Modern Skins
– Plays Videos (NSV, WMV, and more!)
– Powerful Media Library
– Browse SHOUTcast Radio & TV Stations
– Browse Winamp Music Videos & Songs
– Integrated AOL Video Content (News, Sports, Movies & more)
– AOL Radio Featuring XM
– SHOUTcast Wire (podcast directory)
– Predixis MusicMagic (dynamic playlisting)
– Bundled Visualizations
– Burn CDs (Limited to 2x – 48x in Pro!)
– Rips CDs (Limited to 8x aacPlus, AAC, WMA – Unlimited aacPlus, AAC, WMA and MP3 in Pro!)
– 50 free mp3s from Emusic
– Includes Winner of the Internet
– Surround Music Project!
– Includes an MP3 of ‘Mercy Me’ by Alkaline Trio
– Rip/Encode music into aacPlus, AAC, WMA, or MP3!
– Burn CDs up to 48x!
* New: Windows Audio (WASAPI) Output plug-in (w.i.p.)
* Improved: Added an option to completely disable Winamp’s video support
* Improved: Added an auto-fullscreen option to video prefs
* Improved: Added /ENUMPLAYLISTS to the command-line support
* Improved: Windows 8.1 and 10 compatibility
* Improved: [in_mod] OpenMPT-based Module Player (replaces old MikMod player)
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Added browse path & edit title functions in Ctrl+E editor
* Improved: [Bento] Updated scrollbars and buttons and other tweaks (thanks Martin)
* Improved: [Bento & Modern skins] Added a Playlist Search feature (thanks Victor)
* Fixed: New URLs not being remembered after using Reset history in Open URL dialog
* Fixed: Various memory leaks
* Fixed: [gen_tray] Not showing correct current icon pack in preferences
* Fixed: [in_avi] Divide-by-zero crash with badly formed files (thanks ITDefensor)
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Crashing with some ID3v2 tags
* Fixed: [ml_wire] Slow loading issue
* Fixed: [ssdp] Crash on load if jnetlib was not correctly initialized
* Misc: Minimum required OS is now Win XP sp3 (Windows 7 or higher recommended)
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Moved shared DLLs to Winamp\Shared folder
* Removed: All former “Pro” licensed functions (Winamp is now 100% freeware again)
* Removed: gen_jumpex & UnicodeTaskbarFix (making way for native implementations)
* Removed: [in_wm] DRM support
* Replaced: CD playback and ripping now using native Windows API (instead of Sonic)
* Replaced: MP3 Decoder now mpg123 based (instead of Fraunhofer)
* Replaced: AAC Decoder now using Media Foundation (Vista and higher)
* Replaced: H.264 Decoder now using Media Foundation (Vista and higher)
* Replaced: MPEG-4 Pt.2 Decoder now using Media Foundation (Vista and higher)
* Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.3 & libvorbis 1.3.6
* Updated: [libFLAC] FLAC 1.3.2
* Updated: [libyajl] libyajl v2.1.0
* Updated: [OpenSSL] OpenSSL v1.0.1i
* Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.24
Installer is not gonna assoc any media files. Winamp is still my favorite to play song with. Shorcut Key Enable.
22 Sep 2009 – Winamp Fixed to play on Realtek HD all speaker in Win Vista / Win 7 Seven!
27 October 2011 – Mod skin to be uncompressed and remove ads from it.
24 JAN 2014 – Add app needed dll msvcr90. Added lyrics plugin auto search song lyrics.
31 October 2018 – Changes to use new lyric and compartible with windows 10 1809 Built.
12 September 2020 – Fixed start up slow on windows 10.
22 January 2021 – Using Stereo tool DSP and Wasapi audio output… Lyric working with mp3 name same as mp3 lrc.
4 April 2021 – Update Stereo tool DSP to latest 9.63…
26 April 2021 – Update Stereo tool DSP 9.70…
Place lyric.lrc same name as mp3 for lyric playing…
(Registered Silent Repack Multilanguage) x86