Australia’s favourite weather app, Weatherzone, gives you access to detailed observations, 7 Day forecasts, rain radar, BOM warnings and much more. We use Bureau of Meteorology forecasts, our in house Opticast model and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
– Key Features Include –
• Real-time observations from hundreds of automated weather stations across the country: Temperature, wind, dew point, humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am.
• 10 day forecasts of minimum/maximum temperature, rain probability and likely amount, 9am/3pm wind, sunrise/sunset times.
• Hourly temperature, chance of rain and wind forecasts in our interactive graph viewer.
• Real-time weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology.
• Daily weather news and videos.
• Lightning alerts for your suburb.
• Local and national rain radar, Himawari-8 satellite and lightning maps.
• Push notifications for significant weather alerts.
• Exclusive Australian synoptic map.
– What are other features of Weatherzone? –
• UV rating and watch times.
• Pollen Forecast (for capital cities except Darwin).
• Fire Danger Rating (where available).
• Past 24-hour and historic observations.
• Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia, including national composite radars.
• Animated satellite of Australia.
– Subscriptions –
Choose from two subscription options:
• Ad Free – AUD$1.99 / Year auto-renewing subscription.
• Pro – AUD$5.99 / Month auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions are auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every period until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
– Brisbane City Council Early Warning Alert –
Brisbane City Council has partnered with Weatherzone to provide Brisbane residents with free severe weather alerts. The alerts are location-based, so you only receive warnings if you may be impacted. Note that location-based features use the GPS running in the background and this can impact your device’s battery usage.
– How is the lightning data sourced? –
Lightning is detected by the Weatherzone Total Lightning Network (http://business.weatherzone.com.au/prod … lightning/). This is the most advanced lightning detection network in Australia. Lightning data displayed for consumers is delayed by up to 10minutes.
– Where does our data come from? –
Various UI improvements and bug fixes including:
• Extension of the graphs tab to cover 7 days of data!
• Alignment with the new Australian Fire Danger Rating System.
• Resolution of some Almanac issues.
• Resolution of some widget issues.
- Pro / Paid features unlocked;
- Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Services;
- Optimized and zipaligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast load;
- Ads Permissions / Services / Providers removed from Android.manifest;
- Ads links removed and invokes methods nullified;
- Ads layouts visibility disabled;
- Google Maps Location works;
- Google Play Store install package check disabled;
- Debug code removed;
- Remove default .source tags name of the corresponding java files;
- Analytics / Crashlytics / Firebase disabled;
- No active trackers or advertisements;
- Languages: Full Multi Languages;
- CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64,;
- Screen DPIs: 120dpi, 160dpi, 213dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- Original package signature changed;
- Release by Balatan.