ESET Endpoint Antivirus 9 represents a new approach to truly integrated computer security. The most recent version of the ThreatSense® scanning engine utilizes speed and precision to keep your computer safe. The result is an intelligent system that is constantly on alert for attacks and malicious software endangering your computer.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus 9 is a complete security solution produced from our long-term effort to combine maximum protection and a minimal system footprint. The advanced technologies, based on artificial intelligence, are capable of proactively eliminating infiltration by viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms, adware, rootkits, and other Internet-borne attacks without hindering system performance or disrupting your computer.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus 9 is primarily designed for use on workstations in a small business environment.
In the Using ESET Endpoint Antivirus by itself section you can find help topics divided into several chapters and subchapters to provide orientation and context, including Download, Installation and Activation.
Using ESET Endpoint Antivirus with ESET PROTECT in an enterprise environment allows you to easily manage any number of client workstations, apply policies and rules, monitor detections and remotely configure clients from any networked computer.
The Common Questions chapter covers some of the most frequently asked questions and problems encountered.
Features and benefits
Redesigned user interface
The user interface in this version has been significantly redesigned and simplified based on the results of usability testing. All GUI wording and notifications have been carefully reviewed and the interface now provides support for right-to-left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic. Online Help is now integrated into ESET Endpoint Antivirus and offers dynamically updated support content.
Antivirus and antispyware
Proactively detects and cleans more known and unknown viruses, worms, trojans and rootkits. Advanced heuristics flags even never-before-seen malware, protecting you from unknown threats and neutralizing them before they can do any harm. Web access protection and Anti-Phishing works by monitoring communication between web browsers and remote servers (including SSL). Email client protection provides control of email communication received through the POP3(S) and IMAP(S) protocols.
Regularly updating the detection engine (previously known as “virus signature database”) and program modules is the best way to ensure the maximum level of security on your computer.
You can check the reputation of running processes and files directly from ESET Endpoint Antivirus.
ESET Security Management Center allows you to manage ESET products on workstations, servers and mobile devices in a networked environment from one central location. Using the ESET Security Management Center Web Console (ESMC Web Console), you can deploy ESET solutions, manage tasks, enforce security policies, monitor system status and quickly respond to problems or threats on remote computers.
Network attack protection
Analyses the content of network traffic and protects from network attacks. Any traffic which is considered harmful will be blocked.
Web control (ESET Endpoint Security only)
Web control lets you block webpages that may contain potentially offensive material. In addition, employers or system administrators can prohibit access to more than 27 pre-defined website categories and over 140 subcategories.
What’s new in this version?
WMI and full registry scan
•improving the registry scanning that can discover and eliminate malicious references or dangerous content anywhere in the registry or WMI repository
•the inspection can take some time; these scan targets need to be selected for all on-demand scans, even for the “in-depth” scanning profile
Micro Program Component Update (Feature update)
•a smart solution to reducing maintenance of ESET Endpoint Antivirus to a bare minimum
•MicroPCU can wait for a reboot for weeks
•does not reinstall the product with all downsides like deregistering from the system during the process, including configuration transfer
•downloads less data (differential update)
•comes with a friendly or completely suppressible reminder for the user and is compatible with managed networks
Security and stability updates
•security and stability updates will be distributed automatically to supported versions (7.x and newer), which contain only essential modifications that will be documented with absolute transparency in remarkable change logs
For seamless operation of ESET Endpoint Antivirus, the system should meet the following hardware and software requirements (default product settings):
32-bit (x86) processor with SSE2 instruction set or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GHz or higher
Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Windows® 8.1
Microsoft® Windows® 8
Windows XP and Windows Vista is no longer supported.
The new generation of ESET Endpoint products for Windows brings new features and improvements, let us briefly describe the most visible ones.
- Auto-update – This feature improves the upgrade experience for administrators and makes keeping ESET products on latest version easier. It is enabled by default and works out of the box. Technology was present in Windows Endpoint version already 8.0, EULA approval was replaced with EULA notifications.
- Brute-force attack protection – Evolution of reputation and blacklist-based password-guessing defense technology, providing further protection for RDP and SMB protocols in business networks.
- Official ARM64 support for both EES and EEA for Windows on ARM ( Secure Browser, Machine learning protection and Deep behavioral inspection features are not available for ARM64 platform in this version)
The new features mentioned are not manageable by ESET PROTECT management console as of now.
Please check also the list of Known issues for the first public BETA build, we believe the severity of those is very low so they should not affect your user experience much
- Device Control: Printing task stays in printing queue when printer is blocked
- Audit logs contain strings “FeatureId”, “OldState”, “NewState”
- Web control: Warn action does not work properly for some websites
- Secure Browser: Ask me option available for websites in list
- Secure Browser: Some websites are not loaded correctly in secured browser instance
- Device Control: Some bluetooth devices are not listed in Populate of Device control
- FIXED: Reboot notification showing up earlier than set by snooze time.
- FIXED: Email client protection not operational after computer waking up from sleep.
- FIXED: Missing configuration section of Document protection after otherwise successful Auto-update.
- IMPROVED: Protected antimalware service will not time out any longer during boot when Windows updates keep the file-system busy.
- IMPROVED: Installation continues with warning when ProgramData folder is not empty.
- IMPROVED: Improve stability and compatibility of Email client protection for MS Outlook 3rd party plugins.
12 October 2022 – Update installer
14 May 2023 – Disable program update to version 10
License 2 0 2 6 – 0 1 – 1 2
(Registered Silent Install Repack)