V-locity is a “set and forget” software utility that installs on Windows VMs (no reboot required) or physical servers and runs automatically in the background with near-zero overhead to the server. What little CPU cycles are needed run at lowest priority so as not to interfere with server operations in the event that CPU cycles are needed by other applications.
V-locity’s patented write optimization eliminates the severe inefficiencies in the hand-off of data between the Windows OS and underlying storage that generate excessively small, fractured, random writes and reads that dampen performance. By providing Windows with the intelligence to write large, clean contiguous files in real-time, maximum payload is carried with every I/O operation to boost storage performance.
V-locity further reduces I/O to storage with its second patented engine – a DRAM read caching engine that serves hot reads from idle, available DRAM. Nothing has to be allocated for cache since V-locity dynamically adjusts moment-by-moment to only what is otherwise unused, so there is never an issue of memory contention. Many systems serve 50% of read traffic from DRAM if there is just 4GB of available memory that can be leveraged for cache. If a system is memory constrained, V-locity’s caching engine backs off entirely.
The V-locity dashboard shows the value provided to any one VM or group of VMs by showing the percentage of read and write traffic offloaded from storage, total I/Os offloaded from storage, and how much “I/O time” is saved as a result. Admins can easily see the I/O capacity handed back to their storage subsystem from eliminating inefficiencies, see how much time that saves, and quickly identify key systems that would benefit greatly from V-locity’s caching engine by adding a little more memory.
V-locity Endpoint is next evolution beyond Diskeeper Professional as it reduces the amount of I/O to disk with patented DRAM caching and patented fragmentation prevention to ensure defrag processes never have to be scheduled. As a result, organizations get more productivity from employees, more life from existing hardware and reduction of the hassle of HelpDesk calls that hamper the IT staff.
When a file is broken into pieces (fragmented) and scattered across a disk volume in random blocks, a performance penalty is incurred due to the fact that more mechanical disk movement and more I/O operations than necessary are required for any file that should otherwise be written and read in a quick, sequential state.
Typical defragmentation utilities address the problem of fragmented files after the file has already been written in a performance penalized state, consumes nearly all resources to operate, and has to be scheduled after hours when nearly all corporate laptops and desktops are shut down for the night. V-locity Endpoint puts a stop to degradation in Windows system performance by preventing nearly all fragmentation from occurring in real-time before files are written in a performance penalized state. V-locity further reduces I/O operations to disk by caching hot data within available system memory (DRAM).
Keep corporate laptops and desktops running better than new with V-locity Endpoint.
- Cache “hot data” within available system memory
- Proactively prevent performance-robbing fragmentation
- Eliminate the need to schedule disk maintenance during off-hours
- Optimizations occur with near zero overhead using only idle resources
- Easily deploy to hundreds of PCs via a central management console
- True “Set It and Forget It” functionality
- Benefit Analyzer benchmark report shows before/after performance
- Reports offer visibility into the I/O profile of all systems
- Improve employee productivity
- Extends the life of corporate laptops and desktops
- Put an end to persistent HelpDesk calls on PC performance
For IT professionals who need to deploy V-locity® Endpoint across a fleet of laptops or workstations, the Diskeeper Administration console enables seamless network deployment. For corporate PCs and laptops, V-locity® Endpoint is the only highly efficient, proactive, Set It and Forget It® software for maximum performance—making it the #1 utility for keeping Windows systems running better than new.
- IntelliMemory® read I/O Optimization TechnologyIntelligently caches active data within available system memory to boost response times of applications and files.
- IntelliWrite® write I/O Optimization TechnologyAutomatically prevents split I/Os (unnecessary I/Os) from being generated when a file is broken into pieces, or fragmented, before being written to disk.
- InvisiTasking® Intelligent Monitoring Technology Allows V-locity “background” operations within the system to run with zero resource impact on current activities.
- HyperFast® SSD Optimizer TechnologyProduces faster performance in solid state drives running on Microsoft operating systems. The HyperFast feature includes TRIM functionality and is enabled only if a solid-state drive is recognized.
- HyperBoot® Speeds boot times by strategically moving files into sequential order on hard drives to minimize the number of I/O requests and random I/Os during the boot process.
- Instant Defrag™ EngineMonitors volumes for any remaining file fragments that were not eliminated by IntelliWrite®
- Disk Health MonitoringMonitors SMART disk data, checks for critical file system problems, warns of critical problems or an imminent disk failure, generates alerts by e-mail or text messages for 24/7 monitoring.
- System MonitoringMonitors system environment activities and provides a summary of the statistical data gathered for system performance monitoring.
- Terabyte Volume Engine® TechnologyEngineered to rapidly defragment volumes with hundreds of thousands of files.
- Efficient ModeIn addition to an extensive defrag mode, Efficient Mode offers the greatest net gain in system I/O resource savings ever available. It immediately targets and eliminates only fragmentation that directly affects system performance.
- Free Space Consolidation EngineSwiftly consolidates free space and tightly integrates with Instant Defrag to handle new fragmentation as soon as it is created.
- Enhanced Analysis ReportsRich reporting functionality that displays health and performance gains for the system. Reports include: Before/After Benefit Analyzer report, Recent activity report, and 7-day history.
- Network Management SupportEasily manage V-locity® Endpoint settings and functionality across the network through the Diskeeper Administrator edition or Group Policy.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
100MB of available hard drive space, standard operating system hardware requirements. 4 GB of RAM for IntelliMemory®
- Primary Partitions
- Extended Partitions
- Logical Drives
- Volume Sets
- RAID Arrays (hardware and software)
- Mirrored Disks
- Mounted Volumes (letter-less drives)
The disk space requirements for V-locity Endpoint depend on several factors. The V-locity Endpoint installation package is about 100 MB. After the installation is complete, V-locity Endpoint occupies about 120 MB of disk space.
V-locity Endpoint requires .NET 4. If .Net 4 is not installed on your system, V-locity Endpoint will attempt to download and install it for you. A reboot may be required due to the .Net installation
Remark: Tested to be working well… Permanent 30 days~!
Windows 7 need to update KB4019990 for no crash. Missing file d3dcompiler_47.dll is not alert to us. Dotnet 4 is needed as well
1 May 2020 – My bad wrong x86 pack. Updated.
(Silent Install Lifetime Auto Trial Reset Repack)