FrostWire is an open source, peer-to-peer file sharing program for the BitTorrent protocols. Above all, it is free program, and you can run it on any computer with an internet connection. FrostWire uses very little minimum system requirements.
Join millions of other file sharers and download unlimited music, movies, and games. A large variety of files you will find on FrostWire, and searching for them is quick and easy. Never again pay for a service that could be dirt cheap. – if it weren’t being run by profiteering gluttons.
This application is written in Java. Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and now FrostWire only uses the BitTorrent network. You can now use this program to send large files or entire folders to Colleagues, Friends and family.
- Completely Free and open-source
- Send large files and folders
- Firewall-to-firewall transfers
- Turbo-Charged Download Speeds
- Full featured BitTorrent support
- Magnet Link compatible
- SoundCloud compatible
- Built-in Video Player
- Wi-Fi sharing for Mac, PC, Android
- Kindle Fire HD compatible
- Internet Radio support
- New Media Library and Audio Player
- iTunes Integration
- Max. speed network connections
- Junk Result Filters
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Proxy Support
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
FrostWire performs a Smart Search upon the most relevant torrent search results. They come from BitTorrent search engines. That means it remembers every file contained by every torrent. It scans increasing greatly the chance to find what you are looking for, super fast.
frostwire (6.9.9) stable; urgency=high
* jlibtorrent 18.104.22.168 (boost 1.80, openssl 1.1.1q)
* dev: gradle 7.5.1 upgrade
* jlibtorrent: libtorrent update to RC_1_2 b5873f23b40ef9054b2bd6a4db2a2d327a56d4b1
* lt:fix wanted_done/done accounting when force-rechecking
* lt:expose userdata via torrent_handle (back-port from 2.0)
* lt:fix renaming of filenames that are too long for the filesystem
* lt:made UPnP and LSD code avoid using select_reactor
* lt:fixed tracker connections spinning when hostname lookups stall
* lt:fixed error in pkg-config file generation in Jamfile
* lt:improve backwards compatibility with loading magnet link resume files
* lt:fix bind-to-device for tracker announces and UPnP
* lt:rename peer_tos setting to peer_dscp
* lt:fix bdecode support for large strings (>= 100 MB)
Supported Operating systems:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista for Intel processors (64-bit only)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later (64-bit)
- Linux, Unix such as Solaris (64-bit)
- Android 5.0 (Lollypop) or later