Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV), custom appearances called skins (supporting both classicWinamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins), audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning.
• Full version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more; Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins; Full Support for classic and modern skins; Plays Videos; has a Powerful Media Library; Browse Internet Radio & TV Stations; Integrated Internet Music Videos & Songs; Bundled Visualizations; and Burn & Rip CDs.
• The LITE version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more. It is compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins and has full support for classic skins.
* New portable device features – transcoding, new sync options, USB thumbdrive player support, video sync, direct-from-device playback
* Faster ripping
* Improved AAC and aacPlus encoding
* Unicode metadata, filename, and title support
* iTunes-compatible gapless playback (MP3/M4A) and encoding (M4A)
* Optional 24bit playback
* ReplayGain support
Winamp Player Features:
– Plays Music and Video Files (aacPlus, MP3, AAC, WMA and more!)
– Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins
– Full Support for Classic and Modern Skins
– Plays Videos (NSV, WMV, and more!)
– Powerful Media Library
– Browse SHOUTcast Radio & TV Stations
– Browse Winamp Music Videos & Songs
– Integrated AOL Video Content (News, Sports, Movies & more)
– AOL Radio Featuring XM
– SHOUTcast Wire (podcast directory)
– Predixis MusicMagic (dynamic playlisting)
– Bundled Visualizations
– Burn CDs (Limited to 2x – 48x in Pro!)
– Rips CDs (Limited to 8x aacPlus, AAC, WMA – Unlimited aacPlus, AAC, WMA and MP3 in Pro!)
– 50 free mp3s from Emusic
– Includes Winner of the Internet
– Surround Music Project!
– Includes an MP3 of ‘Mercy Me’ by Alkaline Trio
– Rip/Encode music into aacPlus, AAC, WMA, or MP3!
– Burn CDs up to 48x!
* Improved: Windows 11 compatibility
* Improved: Playback of https:// streams
* Improved: Updated and tidier generate html playlist code
* Improved: [in_mkv] vp8 support
* Improved: [in_mod] Playback of .itz, .mdz, .s3z & .xmz compressed modules
* Improved: [ml_wire] New working Podcast Directory
* Improved: [out_ds] Display device information correctly in Unicode format
* Fixed: [in_midi/in_mkv/nu/pfc] memory leaks
* Fixed: [in_mp3] id3 empty genre displayed as Blues or Psychobilly
* Misc: lame_enc & libsndfile now static links instead of dynamic dll
* Misc: libmpg123, libflac & zlib now static links instead of dynamic dll
* Misc: libalac.dll added to Shared folder as part of alac update
* Misc: Major compiler refactoring work
* Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Minimum required OS is now Windows 7 SP1
* Misc: New online Help section and articles
* Misc: SDK now compatible with VS2017 and newer
* Misc: Versioning syntax changed to v5.x.x
* Misc: Winamp\Microsoft.VC142.CRT runtimes now installed on Win7/8
* Removed: Bento Browser tab – So long, and thanks for all the fish!
* Updated: [alac/in_mp4] ALAC 2017-11-03-c38887c5
* Updated: [enc_lame] LAME 3.100.1
* Updated: [freetype.wac] freetype 2.12.1
* Updated: [gif] giflib 5.1.4
* Updated: [in_cdda] libdiscid 0.6.2
* Updated: [in_flac/enc_flac] libFLAC 1.3.4
* Updated: [in_mod] libopenmpt 0.7.0 & Portaudio 19.7.0
* Updated: [in_mp3] libmpg123 1.29.3
* Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.5 & libvorbis 1.3.7
* Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.1.0
* Updated: [OpenSSL] OpenSSL 3.0.3
* Updated: [png] libpng 1.6.37
* Updated: [vp8] WebM libvpx 1.11.0
* Updated: [zlib] zlib 1.2.12
Remark: Installer is not gonna assoc any media files. Winamp is still my favorite to play song with. Shorcut Key Enable.
22 January 2021 – Lyric working with mp3 name same as mp3 lrc.
18 December 2022 – Update Stereo Tool DSP 9.90 and tweak
Place lyric.lrc same name as mp3 for lyric playing…
(Silent Repack Multilanguage) x86
(中文版 Chinese version) x86