WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format
Features of WinRAR:
• Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
Version 6.20 beta 2
1. If Zone.Identifier alternate NTFS stream, also known as Mark of the Web,
is present both in archived office document file and host archive
and if archive security zone is set to “Internet” or “Restricted sites”,
WinRAR sets the host archive stream to unpacked file and ignores
the archived file stream.
2. Bugs fixed:
a) updating an existing archive in RAR5 format could result in broken
archive data in beta 1 if existing archive included the archive
comment, encrypted file names and was created by version older
than WinRAR 6.20;
b) updating an archive with -ver -ow -s switches failed with
checksum error if -ver removed old archived file versions.
Without -s, it could produce a larger than necessary archive
with redundant NTFS security data records.
Special build with latest windows 11 theme
WinXP is not supported anymore.
10 December 2021 – Change Winrar theme…
16 February 2022 – Tweak enable legacy menu and modern (Win11)
24 March 2022 – Update Chinese version
(Registered Silent Install Repack 6.20) English