WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format
Features of WinRAR:
• Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
Version 5.70 1. "Files to process" option on "Time" page of archiving dialog allows to choose files based on modification, creation or last access file time. Previously it was possible for modification time only. 2. Command line -ta, -tb, -tn, -to switches accept 'm', 'c' and 'a' modifiers after the switch name. So file time conditions can include not only the file modification time as in previous versions, but also creation and last access time. Such switch can include multiple modifiers to set the same date for all specified times. For example, -tamc20190215 will process files modified and created after 2019-02-15. New 'o' modifier permits to switch from AND to OR logic, so -tamco20190215 includes files modified or created after 2019-02-15. It is also allowed to specify several time filtering switches with different dates in the same command line, like: -taco20190201 -tbmo20190210 Switches -ta and -tn also include files matching the specified date exactly. Switches -tb and -to exclude such files. 3. WinRAR file list can display creation and last access file times if they are available. Creation and last access columns are disabled by default and can be enabled in "Select file list columns" dialog. This dialog is opened after right clicking on file list column headers or after pressing "File list/Files/Columns..." button in WinRAR settings. 4. "Double extensions for archives" and "Archives in subfolders" options on "Files" page of archiving dialog modify behavior of "Put each file to separate archive" option. You can switch between archive names in filename.ext.rar and filename.rar style with "Double extensions for archives". You can create a separate archive for every file in selected subfolders or store the entire contents of every selected folder in separate archive depending on the state of "Archives in subfolders" option. 5. New -ad1 switch can be used when unpacking multiple archives recursively, such as 'rar x -r -ad1 arc\*.rar'. It creates a separate folder for files unpacked from each archive, but unlike already existing -ad switch, it creates such folders in each archive folder. 6. If context menu "Extract each archive to separate folder" is applied to archives from different folders in Windows Explorer "Search results", subfolders with unpacked files are created in each archive folder. Previous versions created them all in a folder of right clicked archive. 7. New "File list/List style/Checkboxes" option in WinRAR settings allows to use checkboxes to select file list items. 8. New "File list/Files/Exact sizes" option in WinRAR settings. If this option is on, file sizes are always displayed in bytes. If it is off, sizes are rounded up and use units such as KB or MB. Smaller files can be still displayed in bytes. 9. If several console RAR are started with -ioff switch, PC is turned off by RAR copy finished last. Previously this switch was processed by first finished copy. 10. Read and write buffer size is increased for .iso files. It can help to improve .iso extraction performance in some cases, such as for network drives. 11. If "Delete archive" option in extraction dialog is applied to a set of RAR and REV volumes in volname.part# format, WinRAR will delete REV volumes as well. Previously only RAR volumes were deleted keeping REV files intact. 12. If "Delete archive" option in extraction dialog is applied to set of ZIP volumes with .zip.001, .zip.002, .zip.003 extensions, WinRAR will delete all ZIP volumes. Previously only .zip.001 volume was deleted for such volume naming scheme. 13. If we unpack arcname.rar using "Extract to arcname\" Explorer context menu command and "arcname" file already exists, WinRAR shell extension will propose "Extract to arcname~1\" instead. Previously this context menu command attempted to create a folder with same name as already existing file and failed. 14. If we pack a shortcut file with .lnk extension from Explorer context menu, .lnk file itself is added to archive. Previous versions added .lnk file target instead of .lnk file. 15. Windows does not allow executables exceeding 4 GB, so WinRAR issues an error immediately when attempting to create 4 GB or larger RAR SFX volumes. Previously WinRAR issued such error only after creating the first RAR volume. 16. Total extraction progress is displayed for 7z multivolume archives. Accuracy of 7z total extraction progress is improved. 17. "Find" command "Disks and folders" drop down list has been renamed to "Search area". Additionally to already existing choices, it includes a new "Selected items" option restricting search to files and folders selected in WinRAR file list. 18. "Find" command displays the number of found items in status bar. 19. "Diagnostic messages" window displays archive names in a separate column to provide the better message visibility for lengthy archive names. 20. Switch -isnd[-] in command line WinRAR mode allows to override "Enable sound" option in WinRAR settings. Use -isnd to turn sound notifications on and -isnd- to turn them off. 21. Nadav Grossman from Check Point Software Technologies informed us about a security vulnerability in UNACEV2.DLL library. Aforementioned vulnerability makes possible to create files in arbitrary folders inside or outside of destination folder when unpacking ACE archives. WinRAR used this third party library to unpack ACE archives. UNACEV2.DLL had not been updated since 2005 and we do not have access to its source code. So we decided to drop ACE archive format support to protect security of WinRAR users. We are thankful to Check Point Software Technologies for reporting this issue. 22. Bugs fixed: a) console RAR mixed up source and destination file sizes and times in the overwrite prompt when updating a file in RAR archive with -o switch; b) dragging files from 32-bit applications to 64-bit WinRAR window did not work; c) WinRAR Shift+Del command applied to a folder could fail to delete some its subfolders. This command is used to delete files and folders permanently instead of moving them to Recycle Bin; d) folder tree panel could not change folders if archived pathnames started from path separator, such as in archives created by tar tool with --absolute-names option; e) if relative "Path=.\somefolder" was specified in SFX comment and SFX archive needed to elevate privileges when extracting, it created 'somefolder\somefolder' instead of 'somefolder'; f) commands modifying an existing RAR4 volume reset the volume number field to 1. While it did not affect extraction, WinRAR displayed a wrong volume number for such volumes; g) fixed a crash when reading a comment from a corrupt RAR file; h) toolbar in "Find" command "Search results" window was not adjusted to different toolbar icon sizes properly.
Changes in WinRAR 5.71:
- 1. “Convert archives” command:
- a) improved performance when processing a lot of small archives in Windows 10;
- b) fixed memory leaks which could lead to excessive memory use when converting to ZIP format.
- 2. Corrupt ZIP archive processing:
- a) “Repair” command replaces packed and unpacked file sizes stored in local file header with sizes from central directory if local header sizes look invalid;
- b) file extraction is stopped at unpacked size stored in ZIP headers even if available packed data allows further extraction. It is done to prevent unexpected hard drive space usage.
- 3. Ctrl+C allows to abort RAR “l” command quickly. In previous versions it could take several seconds until list command stopped.
- 4. Bugs fixed:
- a) WinRAR could crash when attempting to display some types of archive comments in GUI shell, resulting in a denial of service;
- b) if “Save archive name” and “Add to context menu” options were set in compression profile parameters and profile was invoked from Explorer context menu, WinRAR proposed an automatically generated archive name instead of name saved in profile.
- c) WinRAR displayed an unneeded pair of round brackets in “Archive” column of “Diagnostic messages” window for system error messages;
- d) “Extract to folder\” Windows Explorer context menu command could fail to unpack ZIP archives if their names included a numeric part followed by .zip extension, arbitrary data was present before the first file record and “Remove redundant folders from extraction path” WinRAR option was switched on;
- e) in “RAR x -x arcname” command, parent folders of files matching the specified mask also were excluded from extracting;
- f) “Find” command returned the current folder own name additionally to its contents for “Current folder” search area if folder name matched “File names to find” mask;
- g) if “Find in files” and “Find in archives” are both enabled, “Find” command did not match an archive name itself against “File names to find” mask after searching inside of archive. So it did not display archive names for masks like *.rar and applied this mask only to files inside of archives;
- h) when running an executable directly from archive, WinRAR 5.70 did not set a temporary folder with unpacked files as current. So executables attempting to access other archived files in current folder could fail to work;
- i) WinRAR could be inaccessible for few seconds after closing an archived file opened in internal viewer in Windows 10;
- j) dragging a file to subfolder of ZIP archive with “Store full paths”option enabled produced invalid pathnames consisting of repeated subfolder name. Same invalid pathnames were produced if adding files to ZIP archive with -ap -ep2 switches.
Special build with latest windows 10 theme.
12/20/2018 – Change installer registered mode/ pack. Winrar auto pick license and using original installer for easy update. Setting updated to use maximum compression.
(Chinese Registered Repack Winrar 中文版 无广告)