AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
AdAway is a utility used to manage hostfile entries. AdAway doesn’t directly block ads; it limits unwanted ads by blocking servers that distribute those ads to websites. Modifying hostfile entries is also useful in blocking ads on some Android apps.
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
AdAway requires the following permissions:
INTERNET to download hosts files and application updates. It can send bug reports and telemetry if the user wants to (opt-in only)
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE to restart VPN on network connection change
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED to start the VPN on boot
FOREGROUND_SERVICE to run the VPN service in foreground
REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES to update the application using the builtin updater
QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES to let the user pick the applications to exclude from VPN
Improve screen rotation handling on home screen
Update mongoose web server
Update Android gradle plugin
Update third party libraries
- Languages: Full Multi Languages;
- CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64;
- Screen DPIs: 120dpi, 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- Untouched [Paid] apk with Original Hash Signature, no [Mod] or changes was applied;
- Certificate MD5 digest: 8f3fe3b846b7cd1eb31df5662a65fb16