ESET Smart Security delivers the ultimate defense against cybercrime, junk mail and hackers by adding a firewall and antispam technology to ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
ESET Smart Security 4 keeps your PC safe with advanced proactive detection that blocks most known and undiscovered threats hours or days faster than other Internet security technologies. This is your most effective protection against today’s huge volumes of Internet and security threats from the web or emails. ESET Smart Security is a tightly integrated solution designed to protect computers from a range of threats. Built on the award-winning ESET NOD32® Antivirus and its powerful ThreatSense® engine, ESET Smart Security provides antispyware, antispam and customized firewall features. Utilizing ThreatSense – the industry’s most advanced heuristics – the window of vulnerability between virus outbreak and signature update is reduced.
The key advantage of this approach is that individual protection modules are able to communicate together seamlessly, to create unparalleled synergy to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of protection. Moreover, the integrated architecture guarantees optimal utilization of system resources, so ESET Smart Security continues ESET’s well know reputation for providing rock solid security in a small footprint that will not slow down an individual’s computer.
• Smarter Scanner – Threats don’t always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET’s Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.
• Time-saving Firewall – New Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how end users use the network, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users. Pair customized firewall profiles with trusted network zones and have appropriate firewall rules applied automatically based on detected network presence.
• Trusted Zone Authentication – Identify trusted network zones by network configurations (a configurable combination of host/DNS/DHCP server IP address, wireless SSID, connection profile, etc) or securely authenticate into a network using ESET Authentication Server.
• Upgraded Antispam – ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.
• Removable Media Security – Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media.
• System Tools – ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
• Self Defense – ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
ESET Smart Security has numerous speed, security and usability upgrades such as:
• Energy-sipping battery mode extends laptop battery life without compromising security
• Advanced Protection Status screen informs you of threat detections
• Information pop-ups are hidden when running full screen applications like games, video players or presentations
• Password protection prevents ESET Smart Security from being uninstalled by strangers
• New interface and keyboard shortcuts simplify use for visually impaired users
New in ESET Smart Security 5 :
• Optimized Startup Procedure. No more waiting for signature database download to complete – ESET Smart Security 5 lets you start working on your computer immediately after booting, without compromising your security.
• Online Security. Given the increasing risk exposure on the Internet, the new version of ESET Smart Security detects all types of Internet-borne threats. These including social media scams and social engineering, to which your family members and kids are exposed daily.
• Small System Footprint. The unique build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus has been optimized over the years to perfectly match the system environment. ESET engineered a smart solution with one of the lowest system footprint on the market ensuring smooth performance.
• Parental Control. Parental control lets you block sites that may contain potentially offensive material. In addition, parents can prohibit access to up to 20 pre-defined website categories.
• Cloud Powered Scanning. Based on real-time streaming of threat-related information from the cloud, the ESET Virus lab keeps the reputation services up-to-date for a constant level of protection against Internet threats.
• Improved Antispam. Our antispam module integrated in ESET Smart Security has undergone a thorough optimization process for even higher level of detection precision.
• Enhanced Media Control. Block threats trying to get through to the system via removable media. ESET Smart Security 5 automatically prompts you to scan the content of all USB flash drives, CDs and DVDs. Block specific media based on a range of parameters like the device ID, media type, and serial number.
• Intelligent Firewall. ESET Smart Security 5 helps you prevent unauthorized users from accessing your computer remotely and monitoring your network traffic.
New Features for Geeks:
• Gamer Mode. When in full-screen mode, ESET Smart Security automatically switches to silent mode, which saves system resources, so you can enjoy playing computer games or concentrate on important work tasks without distractions from pop-up messages.
• Advanced HIPS Functionality. This one is for real Geeks – now you can customize the behavior of the system in greater detail: specify rules for the system registry, active processes and programs, and fine-tune your security posture.
• Advanced Setup Tree. Redesigned advanced setup tree for more intuitive and easier navigation.
• Streamlined License Management. Select the type of activation that suits you best. All activation methods were designed to require as little user intervention as possible.
• Enjoy the Fresh New Look. The graphical environment has undergone a number of usability and design modifications with the aim to enhance the overall user experience. The most frequently used actions are available from all screens. Check out the new, dashboard-like look of the “Tools” pane that is now even more intuitive and transparent.
* Enhancement: Added info about need of switching SSL filtering ON in a case of filtering HTTPs sites by Parental within Parental Control setup screen
* Enhancement: Several smaller enhancements within Parental Control Setup and management
* Enhancement: Admin of Parental control could choose role for Windows Accound by entering person’s age configuring Parental Control
* Enhancement: Information about not filtering Parental Control added in the Home Screen
* Enhancement: Added Statistics of Scanned Files in the main Home Screen
* Enhancement: Added more information about running processes reputation from ESET Live Grid
* Support: Able to activate product using proxy server
* Support: Ability to use the renewal keys in product
* Added: Web page Exceptions could have priorities
* Added: Settings for Removable Media blocking and Antirootkit (Antistealth) present in main User Interface under Setup
* Fix: Network profile dialog window popping up repeatedly
* Fix: Shadow of the “quick menu” is being repainted during openeing
* Fix: Issues with detection of emails in Windows Live Mail 2011
* Fix: GUI opened in a large window
* Fix: Advanced scanning options are not working in Computer Scan
* Fix: irrelevant notification buble is shown when no action is required
* Fix: issues with stopping of ESET service during installation
* Fix: Runtime error with HP Protect Tools, ESET gui crash
* Fix: Removable media blocking functionality does not block devices for particular Windows Accounts
* Fix: Some pages with certain category are evaluated as not categorized by ESET Smart Security Parental Control functionality
* Fix: Files are still scanned by real-time protection after swithing it off
* Fix: Issues with importing Antispam global lists from ESET Smart Security v4 to ESET Smart Security v5
* Fix: ESET GUI crashes under some circumstances while editing ESET Firewall profiles
* Fix: Schedule update task can not be started from main menu in SysRescue User Interface
* Fix: Several Crashing of ESET User Interface under some circumstances
* Fix: Wrong tooltips within Antispam dialog Windows
* Fix: Activated product reports it’s not activated
* Fix: Parental control still enabled in ESET User Inerface despite of Protocol filtering is disabled
* Fix: IMAPS,POP3S checking of protocols and ports for selected applications does not work correctly
* Fix: Notification window about disabling some type of protection is not displayed if some other protection is already disabled
* Fix: inconsistence in status for updated virus signature database within User Interface
* Fix: Any windows user can force execution of planed task
* Fix: issues with managment of web page filtering exceptions for Parental Control
* Fix: SSL filtering in Chrome does not work under some circumstances
Changes in ESET Smart Security 188.8.131.52:
* Enhancement: Added detection of Windows 8 Metro interface to gamer mode
* Enhancement: Added support of Windows 8 Metro applications to firewall
* Fix: Windows Store doesn’t work with SSL scanning
Remark: Lifetime Update / Activated / Gaming Mode Enable
17 September 2011 – Disable Self- Defence release to allow lang pack installation.
ESS 5 32Bit
ESS 5 64bit