QT Lite is a trimmed down version of QuickTime that contains only the essential components needed for playing QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages. It will allow you to play QuickTime (.mov .qt) files. This way there is no need to install the offical QuickTime Player.
Media Player Classic and ZoomPlayer are capable of playing QuickTime files by using the QuickTime framework that gets installed by QT Lite. Other players will require DirectShow filters to be able to play QuickTime files. If you want to play QuickTime files in Windows Media Player or another DirectShow based player, then it is recommended to install the K-Lite Codec Pack. That contains all the DirectShow filters that are required to playQuickTime files.
The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR. As a bonus, Internet Explorer will play all QuickTime movies that are embedded in a webpage. You do need a media player that is capable of playing QuickTime files.
QT Lite contains exactly the same components as QuickTime Alternative. The ONLY difference between the two packs is that QT Lite does not contain Media Player Classic.
Advantages of QT Lite are:
* Quick and easy install
* Ability to make an unattended installation
* No background processes
* No unwanted stuff and other nonsense
* Smaller size
QT Lite will allow you to :
– Play QuickTime movies that are embedded in webpages.
– Download HD QuickTime trailers.
– Play QuickTime files in Media Player Classic or ZoomPlayer.
Features of QT Lite:
– QuickTime base components [version 126.96.36.199]
– QuickTime ActiveX plugin
– QuickTime plugin for Opera/Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape
Changes in QT Lite 3.2.2 | (2010-04-16):
* Now shows a warning when the option to install “Apple Application Support” is unchecked
(Registered Silent Install without Start Menu)